Senior Accountant Government
The Senior Accountant Government Reporting is responsible for all government reporting, government grant applications, government grant budgets, grant budget tracking, job incentive tracking/reporting, customer development billing, customer development revenue budget tracking, fixed asset and general accounting and other duties as assigned to support the Finance Department.
- Prepares governmental grant applications.
- Prepares governmental grant budget vs. actual tracking.
- Prepares all required governmental reporting under the various grant/loan programs.
- Prepares customer development program budgets with Sales/Business Development team.
- Prepares and enters invoices for DFAS reimbursement.
- Accumulates/tracks information necessary to prepare invoices for customer development programs.
- Monitor customer development programs adherence to budgets/profit targets.
- Supports monthly close process and ensures all necessary journal entries and transactions are entered and posted to the GL accounts.
- Prepares all monthly fixed asset schedules and journal entries required for monthly financial reporting.
- Prepares detailed GL account analysis, schedules and reconciliations.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive approach to problem solving and impediments, mentors’ others to understand and model this approach. Constructive and relentless in pursuit of solutions.
- Requires a thorough understanding of GAAP, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- Requires a thorough understanding of the various governmental agency reporting and tracking requirements.
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and able to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong computer skills including intermediate knowledge of ERP systems, excel, and word. SAP Business One software experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Requires 5 years of work experience in accounting.
- Medical device and /or general manufacturing experience a plus
- Problem Solving – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events and still yield an effective outcome. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Manages competing dema
- Judgment – Recognizes important information quickly and grasps its implications. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Accepts accountability for decisions by ensuring follow through and effective implementation.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to views and opinions of coworkers. Puts success of team above own interests. Recognizes accomplishments of other team members. Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- High level of confidentiality