The Shipping and Receiving Clerk will process goods shipped and received by a company. They are tasked with monitoring goods from start to finish, monitoring their progress throughout the shipping journey. They process goods as carefully and quickly as possible, maintaining accurate and up‐to‐date records
Duties and Responsibilities
• Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments
• Assembles and prepares orders for shipment.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
• Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet requirements.
• Maintains inventory of materials and supplies.
• Enters data into SAP system as required
• If certified, operate fork lifts or handtrucks to accomplish shipping/receiving duties.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins.
• Maintains cleanliness throughout the warehouse and carries out facilities maintenance duties as needed.
• Organizes warehouse and work area for orderliness.
Skills and Abilities.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Three years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Ability to learn and use basic functions of SAP and other job‐specific software
• Prolonged periods of sitting/standing/walking
• Standard forty (40) hour work week with additional time as needed to meet company objectives
• Minimal to no travel required (10% or less annually)
• Ability to access and navigate each department at the organization’s buildings to include walking to and from offices/building sites, and climbing/descending stairs
• Ability to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences and depth perception for product and safety issues
• Ability to hear and react to audible alarms from distances up to 150 feet
• Ability to lift/carry up to fifty (50) pounds
Day Shift: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Salary ranges from $21-$25/hr.