Integrate and support SiO2 automation systems. Uses basic technical skills to operate, maintain, troubleshoot,
repair, and set up plant production equipment. This is a progressive position. With appropriate training
and experience the Automation Technician I will be on the path to Automation Technician II.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Operate production equipment in assigned area.
• Monitor requirements for safety, quality, and production.
• Drive continuous improvement by assessing plant processes and identify opportunity for process and automation opportunities to improve quality and productivity.
• Support maintenance team with advanced mechanical and electrical troubleshooting opportunities and identifying opportunities for value added improvements.
• Collaborate with Operations and Maintenance teams to ensure equipment is properly operated and maintained.
• Maintain process sensors maintenance; complete sensor verification, analyze issues, and recommend solutions.
• Coordinate changeovers and ensure accuracy.
• Perform basic equipment repairs within scope of work.
• Execute preventative and general maintenance as needed.
• Complete training to enhance and advance skills.
• Other duties as assigned.Required Skills/Abilities
• Intermediate troubleshooting skills using mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic knowledge.
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests.
• Creative thinking skills
• Detail-oriented personality
• Ability to define problems, collect data, when necessary, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to communicate well and build strong relationships with others.
• Thrive under pressure.
• Prefer experience in:
• PLC, Vision Systems, Equipment Validation and Process Validation.
• Equipment Documentation and change assessments.
• GMP regulations.
• Basic computer skills
• Good teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Fluent in English
Education and Experience
• Mechatronics, Industrial Maintenance, or similar degree or completion of SiO2 Master Class Automation
Technician I Training Program.
• Prefer minimum of 5-7 years of manufacturing experience
Shifts: 2-2-3 schedule
Day Shift: 5:50 am – 6:00 pm
Night Shift: 5:50 pm – 6:00 am
Openings for day and night shift. Salary ranges from $30-$40/hr.