The Molding Technician position will support the molding activities at SiO2 in Auburn, AL, and will report to the Process Manager. This individual’s primary responsibility will be to oversee the technical aspects of the molding cleanroom(s) during their shift, and to ensure quality product is being produced.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Direct and monitor the execution of the production schedule
• Complete daily shift report
• Monitor machine operation for compliance with all ISO, health, safety, quality and efficiency standards
• Collaborate with Quality, Engineering, Tooling and Maintenance to identify and resolve equipment and quality problems within the molding cells
• Performing mold and material changes based on the dictated schedule
• Perform process troubleshooting
• Verifying paperwork and completion of inspections at start up and in process inspections are being completed
• Monitoring and preparing support equipment
• Follow established procedures in order to maintain a safe, clean and organized work area on a daily basis
• Assisting on break coverage
• Ability to learn other processes & equipment, such as injection-stretch blow-molding, robotics, etc.
• Experience with Injection Molding with a focus on processing.
• RJG Master Molder certification, AIM or similar a plus.
• Basic Injection Molding Tooling Background required.
• Good mechanical & troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Must be self-driven
• Prolonged periods of sitting/standing/walking
• Standard forty (40) hour work week with additional time as needed to meet company objectives
• Minimal to no travel required (10% or less annually)
• Ability to access and navigate each department at the organization’s buildings to include walking to and from offices/building sites, and climbing/descending stairs
• Ability to see with or without corrective lenses and distinguish color differences and depth perception for product and safety issues
• Ability to hear and react to audible alarms from distances up to 150 feet
• Ability to lift/carry up to fifty (50) pounds
Shifts: 2-2-3 schedule
Day Shift: 5:50 am – 6:00 pm
Night Shift: 5:50 pm – 6:00 am
Openings for day and night shift. Salary ranges from $25-$35/hr.