Provide technical engineering services for new and commercialized products and processes. In this highly technical
position, the individual will be a key contributor to product and process development and sustaining engineering; as
well as qualifying and transferring products, equipment and processes from R&D into Manufacturing. The individual
will work closely with R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Operations, and Applications Engineering Program
Management; as well as with outside consultants, contract engineering companies, suppliers, universities, codevelopers and customers.
Education, Experience, and Skills
• Bachelors degree in an engineering or science discipline or 5+ years of company-specific experience required.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in engineering preferred.
• Advanced technical degree is a plus.
• Project management experience is a plus.
• Medical products or pharmaceutical company experience producing FDA and ISO regulated products under
21CFR 820/QSRs, and ISO-13485 regulations
• Prefilled syringe product and/or components experience is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and technical writing skills (writing verification and validation
protocols and reports, work instructions; presenting technical results, etc)
• Collaborative cross-functional approach to parallel product and process development is essential
• Excellent SolidWorks solid model CAD skills is essential
• ANSYS computer aided simulation software experience is a plus
• Heat transfer, fluid dynamics, mechanics, dynamics, strength of materials, thermodynamics, and material
• SolidWorks EPDM administration experience is a plus
• Process scale up
• Design controls
• Experienced and trained in World Class Manufacturing and Product Development Best Practices:
• Six Sigma disciplines and techniques
• Design of Experiments
• Applied statistics
• Lean manufacturing disciplines and techniques
• Technology experience:
• Machine design
• Automation design
• Vision systems
• Machining processes
• System integration experience is a plus
• Injection molding, stretch blow molding, elastomer molding is a plus
• Spraying and other coating systems experience is a plus
• Plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition systems experience is a plus
Equipment, Machines, and Tools Used
• Personal Computer, Microsoft Office suite of software, Solid Works CAD software, inspection and measuring
equipment, and analytical test equipment.
• Daily standing, computer usage, sitting, lifting, pushing, and pulling.